Activities done through or with Alpha Lambda Delta (ALD) will earn each member points that will be recorded throughout the year. At the end of the year, prizes associated with the amount of points accumulated will be awarded. The year begins with the Induction Ceremony and goes until the following year’s Induction Ceremony.
An “active” member of ALD must accumulate 15 or more points per year. Active members will be given preference to participate in ALD funded events with limited openings available and also during review of local and national ALD scholarship applications.
How to Acquire Points*
- Using #ALDHuskies on various social media outlets
- Attending a general member or committee meeting
- Attending an academic, event planning, or social event
- Applying for a national or local ALD scholarship
- Writing an article for the ALD Newsletter (one time per Newsletter)
- Volunteering at an event (community service, fundraising, etc.) for an hour or more
- Attending an overnight event (HuskyTHON, Relay for Life, etc.)
20-30 points (depending on time commitment):
- Acting as captain of an ALD team at an event
*All activities must be done through or with ALD
*Points awarded for miscellaneous involvement throughout the year will be granted upon E-Board discretion
- The member with the highest point total will receive a $200 Visa Gift Card
- The 4 members with the next highest point totals will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card
- The 8 members with the next highest point totals will receive a $15 gift certificate to the UConn Co-Op
- The 10 members with the next highest point totals will receive a $5 gift certificate to the UConn Co-Op
- If you accumulate over 100 points during your tenure as an undergraduate you will be given honor cords to wear at graduation (if you do not reach the point requirement to receive honor cords, they can be purchased on your own here)
Members of the ALD Executive Board will receive honor cords, however they are not eligible to apply for local ALD scholarships or receive prizes associated with the merit program.